Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gym Rants and Sauna Tips

This is one of my rants! I really do not understand people sometime. The other night I was at the gym and there was this guy half asleep in the spa and half hanging on to the railings. I continued on my business and jumped into pool to do my laps (felt good to have that short of breath feeling) and usually I head to the Sauna to warm up a bit before I head out and do some weights. What do you know, there is that same guy sprawled out on the FLOOR of the suana.
A) Gross - that floor is sooo dirty.
B) you are taking up the space of three people by laying there. At least offer to move over!
Ok glad I got that out. well know that am on the topic of Sauna here are some tips!
Here are some Do's and Dont's I found at this great site
Here are some great links to the benefits of this ritual and stream-baths offer. As a practice I go in to the sauna with sandals and a hand towel. That way I can wipe the sweat of my face while in there. When I plan on being in there for a longer time I also bring in with me a bottle of water.
Remember while in there be polite and keep conversations to a minimum and always in a low voice. Some people use this time as an escape.

Am also really interested into joining Equinox gyms (to pricy right now) there have great amenities and are more of a pampering catering facility. If any one is a member let me know how you like it.

So feel free to tell me any tips you have regarding the sauna and and pet peeves you have at the gym.



No comments:

Post a Comment